TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salaam Bombay Foundation is registered under Section12AB of the Income-Tax Act, 1961 and works towards empowering underprivileged adolescents to make the right choices for their health, education, and livelihoods.
Your agreement to the terms and conditions set out in this document constitutes your unconditional consent to all the terms and conditions contained in this document, as amended by Salaam Bombay Foundation at its discretion, from time to time (“Terms and Conditions”) and you shall be bound by the same at all points in time.
These Terms and Conditions are divided into the following sections:
- Donation Policy
- Data Protection
- General Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all persons (hereinafter referred to as “you” along with all grammatical variations) who accept these Terms and Conditions or make financial donations/ payment to Salaam Bombay Foundation through the mode of payment mentioned herein these Terms and Conditions.
II. DONATION POLICY
Terms And Conditions
Donors are requested to have acknowledged and accepted the following terms and conditions.
- Online Donation to Salaam Bombay Foundation can be made through our websites https://www.salaambombay.org/ or https://salaambombay.org/donations/
- You are eligible to make a Donation to Salaam Bombay Foundation, subject to these Terms and Conditions if
(i) You have attained the age of majority i.e. eighteen (18) years, and
(ii) You are a company/proprietorship/trust/society or any other entity duly registered/incorporated under the laws of India or if you are Indian National residing in India or non-residential Indian.
- For online donation, We, Salaam Bombay Foundation, are committed to ensuring the information provided by you is fully protected.
- If your donation transaction is successful, you will receive an email acknowledgement of the same from our finance team.
- Donation to the Salaam Bombay Foundation does not entitle you to any goods, services, positions at/from Salaam Bombay Foundation or any other consideration.
- Once a donation transaction is completed, no refund can be given under any circumstances. Please ensure filling up the donation amount with due care, and verify all fields before proceeding for payment.
- We accept all Visa, Master and Maestro cards, Indian Only.
- Credit / Debit card information is requested only on the secure payment gateway and we do not collect this information. Your card details will not be stored by Salaam Bombay Foundation for any reason.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction.
- We ask below listed information, which will be held securely and will only use this information to (a) process donations and provide receipts (b) maintain accurate records of accounts for auditing purposes (c) circulating occasional updates as relevant
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Donation Amount
- PAN Number/ Copy
- AADHAAR Number / Copy
- Salaam Bombay Foundation reserves the right to modify or replace any of these terms and conditions at any time, and any change shall be effective once posted on the Websites.
- Donation is only accepted from Indian Nationals.
- You understand and agree that in addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Donor shall also be bound by the terms and conditions of the Bank Website and/or any additional payment gateway/software service provider while making Donations towards Salaam Bombay Foundation on the Bank Website and/or once he/she has been redirected away from the Salaam Bombay Foundation Website. Indian Nationality Donor also understands and agrees that the personal or sensitive personal information provided by the Indian Nationality Donor on such third party websites shall be subject to the terms of such third party websites and shall not be liable for the same.
- In case of any network failure and /or technical failure in accessing the Salaam Bombay Foundation Website and /or Bank Website and /or unclear network, breakdown of machinery, disruption of network and/or for any reasons whatsoever, Salaam Bombay Foundation reserves the right to at its sole discretion to cease accepting Donations from the Indian Nationality Donor (s), in any manner as it may deem fit and necessary. In addition to the aforesaid, Salaam Bombay Foundation shall not be liable and /or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event of any malfunction/fault /failure/disruption while making Donations on the Bank Website and/or in the internet /network services /system failure / due to technical /technological restrictions and /or due to reasons /events/incidents beyond commercially reasonable control of Star and the Indian Nationality Donor(s) shall hold harmless Salaam Bombay Foundation and its employees, officers or any other person in relation to the Campaign with respect to the same. Any dispute in connection to the above shall be settled between the Donor (s) and the Bank Website directly, without involving Salaam Bombay Foundation in any manner whatsoever.
- We accept donations from Indian Nationals, Non-Residential Indian Nationals, companies/Organisations registered in India and having Bank Account and/or Credit/Debit Card issued in India Only.
- Funds are used in accordance with our goals as decided by the trustees.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court at Mumbai.
We may change these terms, conditions, cancellation and return policies without any prior notice, we will update the policies on our website https://www.salaambombay.org/ or https://salaambombay.org/donations/
III. DATA PROTECTION
The personal data we typically ask you for is:
- Your name, age, address, nationality and country of origin, residency status (as per applicable law)
- Contact details (e-mail address, phone numbers)
- Credit card or bank account details
- Any other data that Salaam Bombay Foundation may require which relates to your identity, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute, or any other feature of the identity of you, whether online or offline, or any combination of such features with any other information, and shall include any inference drawn from such data for the purpose of
Use of personal data
i. Your personal data will be processed by Salaam Bombay Foundation to provide and improve its services to you and strictly for the following purposes:
- To email you with news and information about Salaam Bombay Foundation and our promotional material campaigns, surveys, features, brochures, catalogues, Salaam Bombay Foundation’s Annual Report, request for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations received by Salaam Bombay Foundation and other updates.
- To have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
- To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To learn about the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign and for maintaining an internal confidential database of all the personal data collected from visitors on the website.
- Processing your donations to Salaam Bombay Foundation on the website.
- Processing refunds of your donations as per the Refund Policy
ii. Data Sharing
iii. Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and Salaam Bombay Foundation, Salaam Bombay Foundation reserves the right to disclose any personal data about you without providing any notice to you or your consent (i) as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, rules, order of court, legal request or legal investigation, (ii) to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect them website, (iii) to protect Salaam Bombay Foundation and its property, and (iv) to protect our visitors and other persons.
Security: Salaam Bombay Foundation endeavors to use up-to-date security measures to protect your personal data. Salaam Bombay Foundation however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the personal data.
V. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Further, the use of this Website is subject to the following General Terms and Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions:
- The content of the pages of this Website is for your general information and use only.
- You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner, which does not infringe the rights of Salaam Bombay Foundation or any third party (including without limitation any Salaam Bombay Foundation sponsor or beneficiary) or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the full extent permitted by applicable law. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation does not provide any guarantee for the facilities and functions to be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server available to You be free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites linked to or cited on this Website. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the content on such external internet sites. You acknowledge that we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites.
- Unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You also agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete personal data about yourself as prompted this website. You will not impersonate, imitate or pretend to be somebody else when registering and/or making donation from this website. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or if Salaam Bombay Foundation has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue or inaccurate, Salaam Bombay Foundation has the right to refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
- Indemnity: You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Salaam Bombay Foundation and/or its trustees, employees, affiliates, officers, representatives, partners and their respective lawful successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims (including third party claims, governmental authority claims), damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by Salaam Bombay Foundation and/or its trustees, employees, affiliates, officers, representatives, partners and their respective lawful successors and assigns that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by the you pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- Fraudulent /Declined Transactions: You agree to co-operate with Salaam Bombay Foundation in its efforts as may be deemed necessary to identify any fraud or attempted fraud. Salaam Bombay Foundation reserves the right to initiate appropriate legal proceedings against any person(s) for fraudulent use of this Website and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions including without limitation collection charges and attorney fees.
- Electronic Communications: When you visit this Website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Salaam Bombay Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the access to its website or any portion thereof at any time, without notice, for general maintenance or any reason whatsoever.
- Any information which is specifically mentioned by Salaam Bombay Foundation as confidential shall be maintained confidentially by the You and shall not be disclosed unless as required by applicable law or to serve the purpose of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions herein shall apply equally to both the singular and plural form of the terms defined. Whenever the context may require, any pronoun shall include the corresponding masculine, feminine and neuter form. The words "include", "includes" and "including" shall be deemed to be followed by the phrase "without limitation". Unless the context otherwise requires, the terms "herein", "hereof", "hereto", 'hereunder" and words of similar import refer to these terms and conditions as a whole.
- In the event that any of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein conflict with the additional terms or other terms and guidelines contained within any particular page of this Website, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- All transactions undertaken through this Website, these terms and conditions shall be governed by laws of India and all disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in Mumbai, India.
VI. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of Salaam Bombay Foundation and/or its content suppliers. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of Salaam Bombay Foundation. Any use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site, can only be made with the explicit written permission of Salaam Bombay Foundation. Reproduction of any data from the Salaam Bombay Foundation’s website without explicit permission from the organization would be liable for legal action under the Copyright Act, 1957.
Your access to and use of this Website is subject to the terms and conditions and all applicable laws. Salaam Bombay Foundation does not hold itself responsible for any inaccuracy of facts or information provided on this website. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any accountabilities arising out of any act or omission by a visitor to this website, by depending on or making use of the information offered on this website, shall be completely to the account of such visitor.
Salaam Bombay Foundation refuses claim to any accountability, legal or else, that might arise because of the act, omission or otherwise of any visitor to this website, or caused by the same. Visitors to the website admit that Salaam Bombay www.salaambombay.org is only a “facilitator” for making donations, and as such, stands indemnified from any accountability that might arise because of the same. Visitors moreover acknowledge that visiting this website is an implicit reception of this disclaimer on their part.